POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Pov-ray New user : Re: Pov-ray New user Server Time
6 Sep 2024 08:10:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pov-ray New user
From: Nieminen Mika
Date: 29 Oct 1998 11:15:58
Message: <363894be.0@news.povray.org>
Margus Ramst <mar### [at] peakeduee> wrote:
: True. Moray is a good modeller. But keep a few things in mind.
: Since you are familiar with programming, I strongly suggest learning to use the
: POV scripting language. This is the real beauty POV - you can have it generate
: objects and other things with scripts. Moray does not allow you to do this, so
: you'd miss a lot.

  That's true. I always like this example:

  Try making this image http://iki.fi/warp/MandScripts/povray.html with
Moray. I would like to see that ;)
  Modellers are very handy, but you can't do _everything_ with them.

--
                                                           - Warp. -